HAIR CARE TIPS
10 Quick Hair Care Tips For You!
The Roffler Shop, located at 1111 Williams Avenue in Anniston, is a full service barbershop and beauty salon, catering to the needs of the entire family. We offer a full range of services in order to satisfy the individual needs of everyone in the family. Our team of professional stylists will discuss with you what style and color will make you look your best, with cut and design to fit your lifestyle, and hair care tips to keep you locks healthy and feeling great. All this comes at incredibly affordable prices. We will how to style your hair at home and what professional products you will need to maintain your look.
Here are 5 great hair care tips from our Roffler Shop professionals:
- Use a professional conditioner that is formulated for your specific hair type. While you may be able to skimp a little on the shampoo, a good, professional conditioner is a must. Look for products that are customized for your hair type. For coloring or perms, for example, choose a conditioner that is for chemically processed hair. Discuss with your hair care professional which product is recommended for you. And stay away from those all-in-one shampoo and conditioner combos.
- Choose a cut tailored to your face and body shape. The biggest mistake people make when choosing a new hairstyle is to pick a style based on current trends seen in Hollywood movie stars or popular music personalities rather than how their hairdo will enhance their features. Always choose a new cut based upon how it will enhance or detract from your facial features and build. Your personal Roffler stylist can assist you in the look that is just right for you.
- Use UV protection. The sun and wind can damage your hair just as they can damage your skin. To protect against this, use mousses, gels and sprays to block the harmful UV rays.
- Keep your hair styling appointments. Your hair will split at the ends faster than it will grow. You need to get a trim every 6 to 8 weeks, even if it’s only a touchup. Great stylists make great hair styles because they know what to leave on your head rather than just taking it all off.
- Leave chemicals to the professionals. One of the major reasons barbers, beauticians and hair care professionals go to school: to learn how to handle chemicals and hair processes. The potential for damaging your hair is HUGE when done improperly, even when using a product that boasts how easy it is. When it comes to chemical products, that old saying has never been more true: “Only your hairdresser knows for sure.”
5 more awesome hair care tips…
- Add body and pizzazz with color. Every hair style benefits from a little bit of color to make it truly enhance your overall look. Regardless of whether your taste is subtle or dramatic, you can add interest and volume to your do with a color process. Highlights, lowlights, all over color, gray coverage, you name it, it’s all good for your look.
- Condition weekly. Even if your hair is extremely healthy, it is constantly on the attack from wind, sun, cold, heat, and so forth. Chlorine and other chemicals from the pool may batter your hair even more in the summer months.
- Use an ionic ceramic flat iron. Don’t fry your hair with a flat iron made with conventional metal plates. Those old irons will damage your hair.
- Be wise when choosing products. Avoid products that leave build-up on your hair. Do you have white residue left on your hair? If you do, this may indicate your product is not water soluble. Build-up will leave your hair limp and lifeless, cause breakage and make it difficult, or even impossible, to curl. And of course, there’s the dandruff that comes with it.
- Scrunch, don’t rub. Don’t rub your head hair with a towel when you get out of the bath or shower. That action may create static electricity in your hair, and worse, will cause split ends. Scrunch the towel around your hair atop your head.
Keep In Mind…
While these tips won’t make you look like you hired a personal hairdresser, they will help you look your very best each and every day of the week. When it comes to hair care, remember that you wear your hair every day. Now, isn’t it worth the time, effort and money to keep it looking spectacular?